Sonny's Smokehouse Barbecue Sauce
- 4 ancho chile peppers (2 ounces)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Toast anchos in a large skillet over medium heat, turning once, until they are
softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a saucepan; add water; bring to a boil. Reduce
heat and simmer anchos 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove anchos, reserving water. Discard seeds and stems. Puree anchos and reserved
water in blender until smooth. Transfer ancho mixture and remaining ingredients,
except lemon and butter, to saucepan. Squeeze juice from lemon half into mixture;
add lemon half. Bring sauce to a boil; reduce heat and gently boil 30 minutes.
- Remove lemon half; stir in butter.
Yield: 4 cups
Source: Ladies Home Journal
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes