Sonora Cafe Chipotle Cream Sauce
- 12 dried chipotle chiles
- 1 teaspoon shallot, stemmed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 teaspoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add chiles and boil until tender, about 15
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Puree chiles with 1/4 cup cooking
liquid in blender. Strain through sieve. Set aside.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon chipotle
paste, onion, rosemary, pepper, shallot and garlic and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add wine and boil until reduced by half.
- Add cream and boil until reduced to thin sauce consistency,
stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Taste, adding more chipotle paste if desire.
- Add cornstarch mixture and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. (Can be prepared
1 day ahead.)
- Cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Re-warm before using.
Makes 3 3/4 cups.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 1/13/2002 3:20 pm
Source: Sonora Cafe, Los Angeles, California - Bon Appetit April, 1988
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes