Sonoran Grill Shrimp-Stuffed Avocado
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, minced fine
- 1/3 cup chipotle mayonnaise
- 2 heads butter lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 wedges fresh lemon
- 2 ripe Haas avocados
- 1 pound (26 to 30 count) cooked shrimp, tails removed and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- Fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- Cut the avocados in half; remove seeds and skin.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the shrimp, celery, shallot, dill, and pepper.
Toss well then add the mayonnaise.
- Mix together and spoon into avocado halves.
- Split the lettuce between 4 chilled salad plates.
- Set 1 stuffed avocado in the center of each plate.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedge on side.
Source: Sonoran Grill