Soul Fixins Restaurant
Black-Eyed Peas and Rice
- 1 quart water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 8 ounces black-eyed peas, cooked
- About 1 1/2 to 2 cups raw rice
- Combine water, say sauce, salt garlic powder, curry powder and cooked peas.
- Add rice by pouring it into the center of the pot until it reaches the top of the water
line-NO MORE. Stir well and cover. Continue cooking on a medium to low flame until
rice is fluffy and cooked through.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 6/19/01 9:23:20 pm.
Source: Recipe courtesy Soul Fixins Restaurant, New York
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes