Soulful Soups Mexicana Chicken Soup
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 can green chiles
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Cook chicken and cut into bite size pieces; set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onions together in pan over medium heat with olive oil.
- In large soup pot add tomatoes, green chiles and chicken broth. Puree.
- Add cilantro, pepper and diced chicken to soup mix; heat over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve with Cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Yield: 6-8 bowls