Southend Brewery and Smokehouse Charleston Grits
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups grits (not instant)
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- In a deep, heavy-bottom pot, bring cream, water and butter to a boil.
- Slowly sprinkle grits over boiling liquid, stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently, 20 to 30 minutes, until
grits have thickened to desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
Yield: 6 servings
Per serving: fats, 75 grams (77% of calories); calories, 881; cholesterol,
261 milligrams; carbohydrate, 46 grams; fiber, 1 gram; protein, 8 grams; sodium,
Source: Southend Brewery and Smokehouse - Raleigh, North Carolina