The Party Works Round Layered Party Sandwich
- Assorted sliced deli meats
- Assorted sliced cheeses
- Oil (preferably olive oil) and vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
- Thinly sliced red onions
- Pepperoncini, drained and stems cut off
- Soft cream cheese with garlic and chives
- A loaf of round shepherd bread or other crusty bread
- Cut a slice at the top not very deep into the bread and remove the insides of
the bread leaving it hollow like the picture at left. Spread cream cheese spread
on sides and bottom and cover well. This will help seal the bread.
- Start constructing your sandwich with a layer of cheese being sure to cover the
entire bottom of the bread going around in a circle. The first layer of cheese should
come up sides a little. Follow with a layer of each type of meat. After the meat
layers add the tomato, onion then sprinkle with oil and vinegar and salt and pepper.
Add some pepperoncini. Repeat the process, ending with a layer of cheese. Be sure
to press down all layers well you want this sandwich to be very compact. Be sure
to fill the bread completely to the top.
- Spread cream cheese spread on the inside of the top you cut off. Place top of
bread back onto your sandwich being sure to align it so it looks like it was never
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- To serve cut like a pie into wedges.
Be sure you compact this sandwich as you make it. The tighter it is packed,
the better it will look and will stay together when sliced. Be sure your cream cheese
layer is covering all edges of the bread to seal it. This ensures that the tomato,
oil and vinegar do not make your sandwich soggy. Add whole leaf lettuce and not
Source: Fabulous Foods Recipe by Chef Rick Lainson, ThePartyWorks.com