Union House Restaurant Fried Fish
- 20 to 24 ounces Alaskan cod fish fillets (cut into 3- to 4-ounce pieces)
- 1/2 cup flour (about) to coat fish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or seasoned salt
- 2 eggs, beaten with 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs (fresh or dried)
- 1/4 cup dry cheese (use equal amounts Parmesan and Romano)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (rub together between fingers before adding)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (rub together between fingers before adding)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sweet basil (rub together between fingers before adding)
- Canola oil for deep-frying
- Dip fish fillets into flour to which salt or seasoned salt has been added.
Dip in egg mixture.
- Combine bread crumbs with dry cheese, oregano, parsley and basil. Roll fish
in mixture, making sure fillets are coated well. If bread crumbs do not stick
well to fish, repeat process.
- In deep-fryer, heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Fish also can be cooked in 2 inches oil in large frying pan. Drop fillets
into oil; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and fish flakes
easily when tested with fork.
- Remove; drain on paper towel.
Makes 2 servings.