This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Zinc Bistro Ratatouille
- 4 whole zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, seeded and sliced into 1/4-inch half moons
- 4 whole gold bar yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise, seeded and sliced into 1/4-inch half moons
- 2 large eggplants, peeled (Salt lightly and set in a colander for 30 minutes to drain. Pat with a towel and large dice.)
- 4 whole red bell peppers, roasted peeled, seeded and large diced
- 5 large tomatoes, quartered, seeded and large diced
- 1 large yellow onion, large diced
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 bunch thyme
- 2 ounces basil
- 2 ounces oregano or marjoram
- 2 to 4 ounces extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 or 2 lemons
- In a large sauté pan, heat some of the olive oil, and sauté all of the vegetables
individually with one of the garlic cloves and a portion of the onion.
- Place each of the vegetables into a large pot or Dutch oven after finishing
sautéing. Cover and roast in a 250 degree F oven for 1 hour.
- Finish with the thyme, oregano and basil. Season with lemon juice, salt
- Serve in a small side dish with a gratin of parmesan or reserve to finish
with fish or pasta.
Source: Zinc Bistro, Scottsdale, Arizona