Zito's Bakery Focaccia Bread
Prep: 1 hour | Bake: 35 min | Yield: 1 full 16 x 18 inch sheet
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 ounces salt
- 1 ounce yeast
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ounce cooking oil
- Toppings to taste: rosemary, fresh tomato and basil, tomato sauce and cheese
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water. Add to the other ingredients and mix well. Put into a lightly oiled bowl and loosely cover with plastic wrap. Set aside and let rest for about 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove dough from the bowl and roll out on a lightly floured surface. Spread into a 16 x 18-inch sheet pan and prick all over with the tines of a fork. Spread toppings.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes.
Recipe courtesy Zito s Bakery, New York