Zito's Bakery Focaccia Bread
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 ounces salt
- 1 ounce yeast
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 ounce cooking oil
- Toppings to taste: rosemary, fresh tomato and basil, tomato sauce and cheese
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water. Add to the other ingredients and mix well.
- Put in a lightly oiled bowl and loosely cover with plastic wrap. Set aside
and let rest for about 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove dough from the bowl and roll out on a lightly floured surface. Spread
into a 16 x 18-inch sheet pan and prick all over with the tines of a fork. Spread
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes.
Yield: 1 full 16 x 18-inch sheet | Prep Time: 1 hour | Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Recipe courtesy Zito s Bakery, New York
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.