Zocalo's Incredible Cookies
Yield: about 10 dozen
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour mixed with 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Cream well the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix well. Add the flour mixed with salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add oats, nuts and chocolate chips.
- Chill for 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, drop by tablespoonsful onto baking sheet. Bake in preheated 300 degrees F oven for about 15 minutes.
- Cool before eating.