Angela Lansbury's Walnut Date Bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 scant cup boiling
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 2/3 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup granulated
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons
- Strawberry cream cheese, optional
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously oil a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and dust with
- Place butter, baking soda, boiling water and dates into a heatproof mixing bowl.
- Mix in walnuts, sugar, egg yolk, flour and vanilla extract. Pour batter
into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan onto rack to cool.
- Slice and serve with
strawberry cream cheese and freshly brewed tea.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.