Barbara Bush's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons very hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease baking sheets with vegetable oil.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt on wax paper.
- Beat butter, sugar and egg in large bowl until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in hot water and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture until
blended and smooth.
- Drop dough by well rounded teaspoonsful on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Cool on sheets on wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.