This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Betty Ford's Chinese Pepper Steak
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 green bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut steak lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips and then into 1-inch pieces.
- Melt shortening in skillet and fry steak just long enough for it to change color.
Remove meat and sauté the green pepper.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a large
pot. Add onion soup mix and continue to boil for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the meat and green pepper and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch (diluted in a little water), salt and pepper.
Cook until slightly thickened.
- Serve over steamed rice.