Conan O'Brien's St. Patrick's Day Stew
- 2 cups carrot pieces, peeled 500 mL
- 2 cups onion, thinly sliced 500 mL
- 2 cups parsnip pieces, peeled 500 mL
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced (1/4 inch - 1/3 cm) 4
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme 7 mL
- 2 pounds boneless lamb stew meat 1 kg
- 12 ounces beef broth 175 mL
- 4 cups cold water 1 L
- 3 tablespoons flour 50 mL
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a heavy Dutch oven spread half the vegetables seasoned with salt, pepper and
half of the thyme. Place the meat on top, then add remaining vegetables. Season
again with salt and pepper and remaining thyme. Add enough broth and water to barely
cover the top layer of vegetables.
- Cover and cook for 2 1/2 hours until the meat and potatoes are tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables from the Dutch oven and keep
- In a small bowl, blend flour with enough water to make a paste. Stir mixture
into the hot broth in pot. Bring to a boil on stove-top burner.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the stew in large bowls, add sauce and garnish with parsley.
Serves 6 adults.
Per serving: 380 calories, 38 g protein, 9 g fat, 35 g carbohydrate
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes