Roasted Vegetable Chili
- 3 cans College Inn® Light & Fat Free Chicken Broth
50% Less Sodium
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut
into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
medium green peppers, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cans diced tomatoes,
- 2 cans cannellini beans or white kidney beans,
rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Place the squash, carrots and zucchini in a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil and cumin; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring
- Meanwhile, sauté green peppers and onion in remaining oil in a stockpot for 3-4
minutes or until tender.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, beans, water, salsa, chili powder and garlic.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in roasted vegetables. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
Prep Time: 35 min | Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 1 hr 5 min | 13 servings
Nutrition Information (Amount Per Serving) Calories: 156 Calories from Fat:
Grams Total Fat: 3 g Sodium: 559 mg Total Carbohydrates: 28 g Fiber: 9 g Protein:
Recipe and photo credit:
College Inn®/©Del Monte Corporation.