Candied Red Grapefruit Rind
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups honey
- Peel from one grapefruit (red if possible), cut into 1/4-inch thick pieces
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Combine water and honey in a saucepan, simmer over medium heat.
- Add grapefruit pieces, simmer for 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let grapefruit sit in honey syrup for at least one hour
- Remove strips from syrup and roll in sugar.
- Store in an airtight container for one week.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin