Cinnamon Rock Candy
- 1 cup water
- 3 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon red liquid food coloring
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon oil
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Line a 15 x 10-inch baking pan with foil and butter the foil; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine water, sugar, corn syrup and food coloring. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 3 minutes to dissolve sugar crystals. Uncover; cook on medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300 degrees F (hard crack stage), about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cinnamon oil. Immediately pour into prepared pan.
- Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- Break into pieces using the edge of a metal mallet.
- Sprinkle both sides of candy with confectioners' sugar.
- Store in airtight containers.
Yield: about 2 pounds
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.