Chocolate Cherry Fudge Bars
- 4 squares BAKER'S Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 package (4-serving size) JELL-O Chocolate
Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 3/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
with 7 tablespoons of the juice reserved, divided
- 2 ounces
(1/4 of 8 ounce package) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil, with
ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Grease foil. Set aside.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes
or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add granulated
sugar; mix well.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add flour and dry pudding
mix; mix well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the cherries and 1/3 cup of the reserved cherry
juice; spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.)
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and remaining cherry juice until well blended.
- Drizzle over cooled dessert; top with remaining 1/4 cup cherries. Use foil handles
to remove dessert from pan before cutting into bars.
- Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
Yield: 3 dozen or 36 servings, one bar each
How to Drizzle Frosting Easily: Place freezer-weight resealable plastic bag inside
small bowl or measuring cup with top of bag extending over top of bowl. Fill bag
with frosting; seal bag. Cut small hole in one of the bottom corners of bag. Squeeze
frosting through hole onto bars.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories 140 Total fat 6g Saturated fat 4g Cholesterol
30mg Sodium 85mg Carbohydrate 21g Dietary fiber 1g Sugars 16g Protein 1g
Vitamin A 4% DV Vitamin C 0% DV Calcium 0% DV Iron 4% DV
Reprinted with permission from