Chocolate Chip Cookie Sleds
The perfect "baketivity," these chocolate chip cookie sleds feature makeshift
sled runners made out of candy canes. You can even decorate them with Santa’s favorite
- 1 package (16.5 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1/3 cup ready-to-use white frosting
- 20 (5 1/4-inch) WONKA SweeTart
- NESTLÉ and WONKA assorted Holiday Candy
- Edible white glitter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease or foil-line a large baking sheet.
- Place whole bar of dough on prepared baking sheet. Allow to soften for 5 to 10
minutes. Using fingertips, pat dough gently to form an 11 x 8-inch rectangle.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for
10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Gently slide cookie onto cutting
board. Trim edges of rectangle as needed.
- Cut cookie into 4 x 2-inch rectangles, or to about the length of the candy canes
you will be using. (Cut in half lengthwise and you should have 2 long rectangles
that are 4 inches wide. Cut each long rectangle into 5 pieces. This should give
you ten 4 x 2-inch rectangles.) Use about 1 teaspoon frosting on backside of cookies
to attach candy canes (1 teaspoon per candy cane should do). Let stand for 30 minutes
or until set. Once set, turn the sled over so the candy canes are on the bottom.
- Sprinkle sled with glitter (to look like snow), if desired. Fill sled with candies.
Prep: 20 mins
Cooking: 18 mins
Cooling: 30 mins
Yield: 10 sleds
Cook's Tip: You can make mini-sleds by
using mini candy canes and cutting cookies into smaller rectangles. Also, if you
would like to personalize the sleds with your child's initial, pipe it on. Here's
how: Add frosting to small plastic food storage bag, snip off tiny corner from bag
and pipe initial onto cookie. Be sure to let it dry before adding any candy cargo!
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé and meals.com.