Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cheese Bars
A tasty treat for fall and winter holidays. A crunchy chocolate chip, cranberry
and orange-scented bar is balanced with a lightly sweetened layer of cream cheese.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons
grated orange peel
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- 1 (8
ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Gradually beat in flour, oats and orange peel until crumbly.
- Stir in morsels and cranberries; reserve 2 cups mixture.
- Press remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese in small mixer bowl until smooth.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour over hot crust; sprinkle with reserved flour mixture.
- Bake for additional 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE® and CARNATION® are registered trademarks of Société des Produits
Nestlé S.A., Vevey Switzerland.
Reprinted with permission from
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.