Chocolate Dipped Brandy Snaps
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup all-purpose
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup finely chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon and ginger in medium, heavy-duty
saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in flour and brandy.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets about 3 inches apart, baking
no more than 6 at a time.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until deep caramel color. Cool on baking sheets
for 10 seconds.
- Remove from baking sheets and immediately roll around wooden spoon handle; cool
completely on wire racks.
- Line baking sheets with wax paper.
- Microwave morsels and vegetable shortening in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe
bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their
original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals,
stirring just until smooth.
- Dip cookies halfway in melted chocolate; shake off excess.
- Sprinkle with nuts; set on prepared baking sheets.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Serving size: 36
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé and meals.com.