Chocolate Gingerbread Sandwich Cookies
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 roll (16.5 ounce) Pillsbury®
Refrigerated Gingerbread Cookies
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In small bowl, place sugar.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough.
- Stir or knead in cocoa until well blended.
- Shape dough into 36 (1-inch) balls.
- On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Press each flat, with
smooth-bottomed glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake 6 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
- Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed
until light and fluffy.
- Spread about 2 heaping teaspoons filling between bottoms of pairs of cooled cookies.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Total Time: 1 Hr
Yield: 18 sandwich cookies
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 210(Calories from Fat
80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium
105mg; Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 23g), Protein 1g
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate;1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
>> Christmas Cookie Recipes
>> Christmas Recipes