Chocolate Holiday Bears
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed
- 1 package (4-serving size) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding &
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon
ground cinnamon (optional)
- 3 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate decorations*
* such as assorted small candies, raisins, sprinkles, colored sugars
or JET PUFFED Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter, sugar, dry pudding mix and egg in large bowl with electric mixer
on medium speed until well blended.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients. Gradually add to pudding mixture, beating
until well blended after each addition. Form into ball. (Refrigerate for up to 1
hour if dough is too soft to roll out.)
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch-thickness. Cut out dough
using 4-inch "bear" cookie cutter or other 4-inch holiday cookie cutter;
place on greased baking sheets. Reroll scraps and use to cut additional cookies
- Decorate cutouts with small candies, raisins or sprinkles for eyes, mouth and
buttons, pressing in lightly.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until slightly firm.
- Remove from baking sheets. Cool on wire racks.
- Melt chocolate in microwavable bowl on MEDIUM for 2 minutes. Spread on bottom
half of bears for pants or skirts; use as "glue" to attach more decorations.
20 servings, 1 cookie each
Size-Wise: Enjoy one serving of these festive
cookies with a glass of fat-free milk.
Fun Idea: These cookies make great place cards
at any holiday gathering. Using frosting and candies, decorate the cookies with
the names of the people attending. After decorations have set, place cookies at
the appropriate places around the table.
Nutritional Information: Calories 200 Total fat 9 g Saturated fat 5 g Cholesterol
25 mg Sodium 200 mg Carbohydrate 28 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 17 g Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 4 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 0 %DV Iron 6 %DV
Reprinted with permission from