No mixers needed when you use a cookie mix to jumpstart your cookie baking.
- 1 pouch (1 pound 1.5 ounces) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter
or margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons
Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 to 3 drops green
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Divide
dough in half. Stir cocoa into one half. Stir flour, mint extract and food color
into other half.
- Place chocolate dough on 17 x 12-inch sheet waxed paper. Top dough with second
sheet of waxed paper. Roll dough to form 12 x 7-inch rectangle.
- Repeat with green colored dough.
- Remove top sheet of waxed paper from both doughs. Using waxed paper to lift green
dough, invert onto chocolate dough. Gently press layered dough to 14 x 8-inch rectangle.
Remove top sheet waxed paper. Use bottom sheet waxed paper to help roll doughs up
together tightly, beginning at long side.
- Wrap tightly in waxed paper; freeze at least 2 hours or until very firm.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Unwrap dough; cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- Place slices about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until set.
- Cool for 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to
Yield: 4 dozen cookies
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Decrease butter to 1/3 cup. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
Do-Ahead: Keep a roll or two of this cookie
dough on hand ready to bake. Cookie dough can be covered and refrigerated up to
24 hours before baking.
Success: Each time you slice a cookie, roll
the dough a quarter turn to prevent flattening on one side.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 30); Total
Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 40mg; Total Carbohydrate
9g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g); Protein 0g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices:
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.