Chocolate Pecan Malted Cookies
- 2 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 2 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
cups chocolate malted milk powder
- 4 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped
- Combine shortening, brown sugar, malted milk powder, chocolate syrup and vanilla
extract in a mixing bowl. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat for 1 minute.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing
well after each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Shape into 2-inch balls and place about 3-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 10 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets before moving to wire racks.
Yield: about 3 1/2 dozen cookies