Chocolate and Raspberry Brownie Bars
Rich chocolate plus sweet-tart raspberry bits topped with more rich chocolate
— what could be better? This recipe is great to make ahead, as it stays moist for
up to a week; or freeze for longer storage.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Double-Dutch Dark Cocoa
or other Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup chocolate
- 1 cup Raspberry Jammy Bits
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam, seedless preferred
- 1 tablespoon Chambord liqueur or water
Chocolate Ganache Glaze
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons
light corn syrup
- 2 2/3 cups semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
tablespoon Chambord or liqueur of your choice; or vanilla
extract, espresso powder, or another flavor, to taste
Hands-on time: 20 mins. to 30 mins.
Baking time: 30 mins. to 40 mins.
time: 1 hrs 50 mins. to 2 hrs 10 mins.
Yield: 2 dozen brownies
Reprinted with permission from
King Arthur Flour - kingarthurflour.com.