- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, shredded
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup green candied cherries, chopped
- 3/4 cup red candied cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place butter in large bowl, mix at medium speed, adding 1 cup sugar and baking
- Beat in eggs, egg yolk, and orange peel into mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon mix in cherries, and flour.
- Divide dough in to half. Using a 14-inch loaf pan, shape into loaves.
- Place each loaf on a greased cookie sheet. Gently flatten to with hand.
- Mix egg white and water. Brush onto loaves. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet until completely cool.
- Cut into 1/2-inch slices. Places slices onto cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Turn pieces over, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack, let cool.