Christmas Buttermint Kiss Cookies
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract*
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Green food coloring*
- 2 to 3 packages candy kisses
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add extracts and yolks.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add drops of food coloring until a nice green color. Mix well.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten to 1/2-inch
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, put an upside down candy kiss in center (Placing the candy
kiss upside down makes the cookies easier to stack).
- Remove to rack to cool.
* Make red cookies using 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon cherry flavoring and red
food coloring instead of the mint and green food coloring.