- 32 chocolate creme sandwich cookies
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 cups toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder, divided
tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup brandy, coffee liqueur or rum
- Break up cookies and crush into fine crumbs in food processor fit with stainless
steel blade (about 2 cups crumbs).
- Add 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, walnuts and 1 1/2 tablespoons of coffee
powder. Process thoroughly.
- Add corn syrup and gradually mix in brandy, liqueur, or rum to form thick paste.
Form into 1-inch balls.
- In small bowl, mix remaining 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and 1/2 tablespoon
coffee powder. Roll balls in sugar mixture to coat.
Yield: approximately 48 (1-inch) balls
Cookies may be stored loosely packed between wax paper or aluminum foil in airtight
container for up to two weeks.