Christmas Tree Brownies
Oh brownie tree, oh brownie tree, how tasty are your branches!
- 1 package Betty Crocker Supreme chocolate chunk
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 8 pretzel nuggets
Vanilla Butter Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 or 4 drops green food color
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease bottom only of round pan, 9 x 1 1/2 inches,
- Make brownie mix as directed on package, using water, oil and eggs. Pour into
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes
out almost clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract with spoon until
- Stir in milk until spreadable.
- Stir in food color.
- Spread frosting evenly over brownies.
- To serve, cut into 8 wedges. Decorate wedges with candies to look like Christmas
- Center pretzel nugget on bottom edge of each brownie wedge for tree trunk.
Yield: 8 servings
Variation: Bake brownies as directed on package
in square or rectangular pan. Make frosting, adding 1 teaspoon mint extract. Cut
brownies into squares, and decorate with foil-wrapped rectangular chocolate mints,
unwrapped and chopped.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 700 (Calories from Fat 280); Total
Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat ncg); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 300mg; Total
Carbohydrate 102g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars ncg); Protein 4g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 12%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.