Cranberry Almond Biscotti
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1 (6 ounce) package Ocean Spray Craisins Sweetened Dried Cranberries, any flavor
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites and almond or vanilla extract in a separate mixing
- Add to dry ingredients, mixing just until moist, using an electric mixer on medium
- Add sweetened dried cranberries and almonds; mix thoroughly.
- On a floured surface, divide batter in half and pat each half into a log approximately
14 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Cut biscotti into 1/2-inch slices. Stand upright on cookie sheet and bake for
an additional 20 minutes.
- Let cool and store in a loosely covered container.
Yield: about 2 1/2 dozen
Per Serving (1 cookie): Cal 100 (5%DV), Fat Cal. 15, Total Fat 2grams(2.5%DV), Chol. 14mg(5%DV), Sodium 38mg(2%DV), Pot. 35mg(1%DV), Carb. 19grams(6%DV), Fiber <1gram(3%DV),
Protein 2grams(4%DV), Vit. A 21IU(0%DV), Vit. C <1mg(0%DV), Calcium 18mg(2%DV),
Dietary Exchange: Fruit 1, Fat 0.5
Reprinted with permission from
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.