Cranberry Cappuccino Biscotti
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6 ounce) package Ocean Spray Craisins Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- 3/4 cup whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine eggs, egg whites and vanilla in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add to dry ingredients, mixing just until moist, using an electric mixer on medium
- Add sweetened dried cranberries and nuts; mix thoroughly.
- On a floured surface, divide dough in half and pat each half into a log about
14-inches long and 1 1/2-inches wide.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Cut biscotti into 1/2-inch slices.
Stand upright on cookie sheet.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Let cool and store in a loosely covered container.
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.