Giant Ornament Cookie
This very large peanut butter cookie makes a dramatic holiday centerpiece!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 tub Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy vanilla ready-to-spread
frosting, if desired
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat sugars, peanut butter, butter and egg in large bowl with electric mixer
on medium speed, or mix with spoon.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Spread dough in ungreased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan, about 30 minutes.
- Spread frosting on cookie.
- Decorate with candies.
- Loop string licorice through ring-shaped hard candy to make hanger for ornament.
Yield: 16 servings
Did You Know...If the recipe calls for just “peanut butter,” rest assured that
either chunky or smooth will work well. The choice is yours!
Success: A store that sells candy in bulk is a fun place to find interesting
candies for decorating because you can buy them in small amounts.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 90 ); Total
Fat 10 g (Saturated Fat 5 g); Cholesterol 30 mg; Sodium 190 mg; Total Carbohydrate
24 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g); Protein 4 g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4 %; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2 %; Iron 4 %
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.