Gingerbread Men Cookies
These Gingerbread Men Cookies are as cute as can be. If desired, decorate with
raisins, currants or cinnamon red hot candies for eyes and buttons. Or, pipe untinted
or Colorful Royal Icing onto cookies.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- 1 teaspoon McCormick®
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg,
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium
speed until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses and egg; beat well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed.
- Press dough into a thick flat disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4
hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured work surface.
- Cut into gingerbread men shapes with 5-inch cookie cutter. Place 1 inch
apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are set and just beginning
- Cool on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Decorate cooled cookies as desired.
Yield: 2 dozen or 24 (1 cookie) servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Time: 4 hours
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes per batch
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 158 Fat: 6 g Carbohydrates: 24 g Cholesterol:
24 mg Sodium: 128 mg Fiber: 0 g Protein: 2 g
Reprinted with permission from