Gingerbread People 2
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 package (4-serving size) JELL-O Butterscotch Flavor Instant Pudding &
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Beat butter, sugar, dry pudding mix and egg in large bowl with electric mixer
until well blended.
- Mix remaining ingredients. Gradually add to pudding mixture, beating well after
each addition; cover.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch
thickness. Cut into gingerbread shapes with 4-inch cookie cutter.
- Place, 2 inches apart, on greased baking sheets. Use straw to make hole near
top of each cookie to use for hanging.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheets to wore racks; cool completely.
- Decorate as desired.
- Insert colorful ribbon through holes to hang cookies on tree.
20 servings, one cookie each
Make it Easy: To easily decorate these cookies,
fill resealable plastic bag with prepared frosting. Seal bag and cut small corner
off one of the bottom corners of bag. Roll down top of bag to squeeze frosting over
cookies to decorate as desired.
Nutritional Information: Calories 160 Total fat 7 g Saturated fat 3.5 g Cholesterol
30 mg Sodium 200 mg Carbohydrate 22 g Dietary fiber 0 g Sugars 11 g Protein 2 g
4 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 0 %DV Iron 6 %DV
Reprinted with permission from