- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup packed brown
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and ginger; set
- In a large mixing bowl beat together margarine until smooth.
- Add molasses and brown sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract; beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture until all combined.
- Prepare cookie press with desired design. Fill press and place cookies two inches
apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 6 minutes or until the edges are firm but not browned.
- Remove and cool completely on wire racks.
Yield: about 4 dozen cookies