Stained Glass Holiday Bars
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 (4 ounce) bars sweet cooking chocolate
cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package colored miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the 1 cup butter, brown sugar and stir in flour.
- Press into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes and cool.
- Melt chocolate and the 1/2 cup butter in a 3-quart saucepan over low heat (or
in microwave), stirring constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar and eggs. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in marshmallows and pecans.
- Spread over cookie base.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into 2 x 1 1/2-inch bars.
- Store covered with aluminum foil in refrigerator.
Yield: 32 bars
Candied Cherry Holiday Bars: Use white marshmallows
instead of colored. Add 1 cup each whole red and green candied cherries.
Peanutty Holiday Bars: Use white marshmallows
instead of colored and 2 cups salted peanuts for pecans.