Stained Glass Window Cookies
Create your own excitement with these unique treats. They make an exceptional
- 1 package (16.5 ounces) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Bar Dough
- All-purpose flour
- About 1/2 cup finely crushed hard candy
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with foil.
- Cut dough in half; refrigerate one half.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon flour onto working surface.
- Sprinkle additional flour over remaining half. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness,
using additional flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Cut into desired shapes with 2 1/2-inch cookie cutters.
- Transfer cookies to prepared baking sheets with spatula, placing about 2 inches
apart. Cut out small shapes in cookie centers. Spoon candy into each center to fill
holes. Pierce hole at top of shape if cookie is going to be hung. Repeat with remaining
- Bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; slide foil with cookies to wire racks to
- Store tightly covered.
Yield: 20 cookies
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé and meals.com.