You know you've been good if Santa fills your stocking with these delicious
raspberry and chocolate-filled Christmas treats.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 eggs
- 3 3/4 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- Favorite frosting, if desired
- Mix sugar, butter, shortening, orange peel and eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in flour.
- Divide dough into thirds.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll each third of dough into rectangle, 12 x 9 inches, on lightly floured surface.
Cut each rectangle into twelve 3-inch squares.
- Mix chocolate chips and jam. Spread 1 teaspoon jam mixture down center of each
square. Bring 2 opposite sides together over jam mixture; pinch to seal. Seal ends
and roll gently into rope shape. Bend into a stocking shape. Place 2 inches apart
on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Decorate with frosting.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
(Total time will vary; cook or bake time is per batch.)
Did You Know...Why do some cookies contain
both shortening and butter? Shortening - which maintains its texture over a wide
temperature range--helps keep cookies from spreading too much during baking. Butter
gives cookies that rich, yummy flavor.
Substitution: Try strawberry jam instead of
raspberry for another great taste in those filled holiday goodies.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 90 ); Total
Fat 10 g (Saturated Fat 3 g); Cholesterol 10 mg; Sodium 50 mg; Total Carbohydrate
21 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g); Protein 2 g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4 %; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 4 %
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.