The Ultimate Holiday Brownie
Easy brownie-mix brownies get dressed up for the holidays with frosting and crushed
- 1 (22.5 ounce) box Betty Crocker Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate
- Water, oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1 (16 ounce) container Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy creamy white frosting
- 1/4 teaspoon
mint or peppermint extract
- Green or pink food color
- Peppermint or spearmint
candies, crushed, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- Make brownies as directed on box for 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Stir together frosting, extract and food color until smooth.
- Spread frosting evenly over brownies.
- Sprinkle with crushed candies.
- For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- Store tightly covered.
Yield: 24 brownies
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude brownie mix directions for
13 x 9-inch pan.
Special Touch: Cut brownies into bite-size
pieces and serve in holiday paper liners for easy dessert pickups.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 80); Total
Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 2g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 140mg; Total
Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 26g); Protein 1g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat Carbohydrate
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills.