Never Fail Beef Brisket
The nice thing about this recipe is that the first baking can be done in the
morning and the last part a short time before you are serving dinner.
Leftovers make hot beef sandwiches like you used to get in restaurants (not out
of a box!).
- 1 beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 can beef consommé
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 to 3 tablespoons
Lipton's dry onion soup
- Fresh sliced mushrooms (garnish)
- Put beef brisket in oven at 450 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Remove brisket from oven. Sprinkle garlic powder on meat, put carrots and celery
on meat and add beef consommé, dry red wine, (can use more broth in place of wine)
Lipton's dry onion soup, then add parsley, cover and set oven at 300 degrees
F and cook for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve from oven – or - remove and chill meat about 1/2 hour, save broth.
- Slice meat and place fresh sliced mushrooms and fresh parsley on meat in baking
- Make gravy from broth that was saved and pour heated gravy over meat and place
in oven at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Shared with recipegoldmine.com from Millie's kitchen.