Orange and Walnut Stuffed Duck
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 1/2 cups 1-inch bread cubes
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- Dash of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- Pulp of 1 large or 2 small oranges
- 1 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) duck
- Toast nuts at 300 degrees F for 7 minutes; toast bread cubes
at 350 degrees F until brown.
- Pour hot water over bread; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Beat egg with 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and poultry seasoning;
combine with nuts, bread, orange peel, orange pulp and celery.
Pour butter over all; toss well. Rub inside of duck with 1 teaspoon salt; spoon in stuffing.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Garnish with broiled pineapple, apricot and orange slices.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.