Strawberry Orange Jam
No need for fresh berries with this easy freezer Strawberry Orange Jam. ift labels made with stickers and rubber stamps can be ready and waiting to tag last-minute food gifts.
Yield: about 4 half-pints jam
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed and undrained
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- In 3-quart saucepan, mix strawberries, pectin, orange peel and orange juice until pectin is dissolved. Heat to rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar. Heat to rolling boil, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Quickly skim off foam. Immediately pour into hot, sterilized jars or freezer containers, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Wipe rims of jars. Seal immediately; cool.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Thaw before serving.
Per 1 serving: Calories 55 (Calories from Fat 0); Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat ncg); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 0mg; Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars ncg); Protein 0g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable Carbohydrate Choices: nc
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: