This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Christmas Tree Salads
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Place gelatine in heatproof custard cup. Add cold water; let
stand for 2 minutes.
- Place cup in pan of boiling water; heat
until gelatine is dissolved.
- Mash cranberry sauce with fork; stir in gelatine.
- Stir in cabbage, celery and walnuts.
- Spoon into cone-shaped paper cups supported
in small glasses; chill until firm.
- To serve, place on lettuce; peel off paper cups.
- Garnish with softened cream cheese.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings