- 12 (6 ounce) empty fruit juice cans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole cranberry sauce
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 small box cherry Jell-O
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 orange, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Heat cranberry sauce; strain and set berries aside.
- Combine hot juice and water; add gelatine, stirring until dissolved.
- Add salt and lemon juice. Cool; place in refrigerator until thickened enough to mound slightly when dropped from a spoon.
- Beat in mayonnaise with rotary beater until light and fluffy.
- Fold in cranberries, fruit and nuts.
- Divide mixture evenly into the fruit juice cans.
- Chill 4 hours or longer.
- Unmold on Christmas doilies.
- To flame, insert small wax birthday candles into tops of cranberry candles and light.