This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cranberry Margarita Molded Salad
- 1 (6-ounce) package wild strawberry-flavored gelatin dessert mix
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 (16-ounce) can Ocean Spray Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen sliced sweetened strawberries, thawed slightly
- 1 (10-ounce) can frozen margarita mix, thawed
- 1/2 cup tequila, optional
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh cranberries
- Salad: Spray 6-cup gelatin mold with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine gelatin dessert mix and boiling water in a large bowl, stirring until
gelatin has dissolved.
- Place cranberry sauce in a small bowl and beat with a fork until smooth.
- Stir into gelatin mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour into mold. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or until
- When ready to serve, dip mold into warm water for 7 to 10 seconds or until gelatin
- Place serving plate on top of mold, invert and remove mold.
- Cranberry Sugar: Place sugar and cranberries in a food processor. Process until
smooth and evenly-colored.
- Spoon sugar into shallow dish.
- For individual servings, dip the rims of 10 margarita glasses in Cranberry Sugar
2 or 3 times or until rims are thickly coated with cranberry sugar. (No need to
moisten rims first.).
- Prepare molded salad recipe as directed, and divide salad mixture into glasses.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Just before serving, garnish each glass with a lime twist.
Yield: 10 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.