This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Gelatin Christmas Trees
- 1 small box lime flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail and juice
- 9 pointed paper cups
- Cottage cheese or sour cream
- Dissolve lime gelatin in the boiling water.
- Soften unflavored gelatine in the cold water; add to first mixture
and stir well.
- Add fruit cocktail and juice; stir.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Rinse the paper cups with water and stand in glasses, pointed
- Pour cool gelatin mixture into cups.
- Chill until firm.
- To serve, carefully unwrap the paper cup. Place gelatin tree
on salad plate. Surround with cottage or sour cream.
Trees may be decorated with sour cream or whipped cream in a decorating
tube, if desired.