Holiday Ribbon Mold
Clear and creamy layers of JELL-O create beautiful ribbons of color in this festive
holiday dessert. Prepare for eye-widening and exclamations.
- 6 1/4 cups boiling water, divided
- 3 packages (4-serving size each) JELL-O
Brand Cherry Flavor Sugar Free Low Calorie Gelatin, divided
- 1 cup vanilla low-fat
- 2 packages (4-serving size each) JELL-O Brand Lime Flavor Sugar
Free Low Calorie Gelatin, divided
- Stir 1 1/4 cups of the boiling water into 1 package of the cherry gelatin in
small bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Pour 3/4 cup of the dissolved gelatin into 8-cup ring mold sprayed with cooking
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until gelatin is set but not firm (sticks to finger
- Refrigerate remaining gelatin in bowl for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened
(consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Gradually stir in 3 tablespoons of the yogurt; spoon over gelatin in mold.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until gelatin is set but not firm (should stick
to finger when touched).
- Repeat process with each remaining gelatin flavor, alternating red and green
colors each time. (Be sure to cool dissolved gelatin to room temperature before
pouring into mold.)
- Refrigerate gelatin as directed to create a total of 10 alternating clear and
creamy gelatin layers.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unmold. Cut into 16 slices to serve.
- Store leftover gelatin mold in refrigerator.
16 servings, one slice each
Substitute any red flavor JELL-O Brand Sugar Free Low Calorie Gelatin for the
cherry flavor gelatin.
How to Unmold Gelatin: Dip mold in warm water for about 15 seconds. Gently pull
gelatin from around edge with moist fingers. Place moistened serving plate on top
of mold. Invert mold and plate; holding mold and plate together, shake slightly
to loosen. Gently remove mold and center gelatin on plate.
Nutritional Information: Calories 25 Total fat 0 g Saturated fat 0 g Cholesterol
0 mg Sodium 95 mg Carbohydrate 3 g Dietary fiber 0 g Sugars 2 g Protein 2 g Vitamin
A 0 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 2 %DV Iron 0 %DV
Healthy Living Information: Generally Nutritious
Diet Exchange: 1/2 Carbohydrate
Reprinted with permission from