Layered Pear-Cream Cheese Mold
- 1 can (16 ounces) pear halves, undrained
- 1 package (8-serving size) JELL-O
Brand Lime Flavor Gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups cold ginger ale
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped
- Drain pears, reserving liquid. Add enough water to liquid to measure 1 1/2 cups;
bring to boil in small saucepan. Chop pears; set aside.
- Stir boiling liquid into gelatin in large bowl for at least 2 minutes until completely
- Stir in cold ginger ale and lemon juice. Pour 1 cup of the gelatin into 5-cup
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until slightly thickened (spoon drawn through
leaves definite impression).
- Arrange some of the pears in mold, pushing into gelatin in mold.
- Meanwhile, gradually add remaining gelatin to cream cheese in large bowl, mixing
with wire whisk until well blended.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of
unbeaten egg whites).
- Stir in remaining pears and pecans. Spoon over gelatin layer in mold.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Store leftover gelatin mold in refrigerator.
Yield: 10 servings, 1/2 cup each
How to Unmold Gelatin: Dip mold in warm water for about 15 seconds. Gently pull
gelatin from around edges with moist fingers. Place moistened serving plate on top
of mold. Invert mold and plate. Holding mold and plate together, shake slightly
to loosen. Gently remove mold and center gelatin on plate.
Substitute water for ginger ale.
Nutritional Information: Calories 200 Total fat 10 g Saturated fat 5 g Cholesterol
25 mg Sodium 170 mg Carbohydrate 26 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 24 g Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 6 %DV Vitamin C 4 %DV Calcium 2 %DV Iron 0 %DV
Reprinted with permission from